Star Throwers offers information and support if you are at risk of developing lymphoedema, already have a diagnosis or would like to discuss any other aspects such as risk factors and self-support.
What is Lymphoedema?
Lymphoedema is a build up of fluid in the body tissue in any part of the body and occurs when the lymphatic drainage system is compromised. Cancer or its treatments can cause damage to the channels and lymph nodes that make up this drainage network.
Who is this service for?
We offer information, support and management for people who have been diagnosed with or who had cancer that:
- are at risk of developing lymphoedema due to lymph node(s) removal surgery or radiotherapy to an area of the body
- already have been diagnosed with lymphoedema
- would like to discuss any aspect of lymphoedema, its risk factors, and self-management techniques.
Our lymphoedema support includes:
- advice and monitoring to help prevent lymphoedema.
- advice on minimising the risk of developing complications associated with the condition.
- skin care advice.
- manual lymphatic drainage.
- self lymphatic drainage.
- kinesio taping.
- limb measuring.
To discuss booking an appointment please call us on 01953 423304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am so grateful to Star Throwers. The team are so friendly and welcoming and offer services designed to meet so many needs that arise during and after a cancer diagnosis and it’s treatment. The lymphoedema service has significantly improved my quality of life as I am no longer in pain everyday. Lucy is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. I am so grateful to receive this wonderful service and to everyone who works for and fundraises for Star Throwers. Emily, January 2023.