Thank you for choosing Star Throwers or considering supporting Star Throwers. There are a number of ways in which your organisation can help us to continue to support people affected by cancer.
Choose Star Throwers as your ‘Charity of the Year’
Unlike a number of national charities, Star Throwers receives no government funding. Instead we depend on the generosity of support from the local community and organisations in supporting the work that we do.
- Set your organisation a target amount to raise for the year which will give a real motivating reason for all staff to get involved.
- Staff can vote on the fundraising activities and events they want to take part in – all working to support the same cause.
- Consider operating a Match-Funding scheme e.g. for every £1 a member of staff raises your organisation will also donate £1 to Star Throwers.
We will add you as one of our corporate supporters our ‘Our Supporters’ and promote any activity undertaken by your company to support Star Throwers online and on our social media channels.
“We have been honoured to support Star Throwers over the last year, to see the incredible effort and kindness and enthusiasm they put into everything they do, and to be able to help them continue to achieve the things they do is quite humbling”. Fosters Solicitors LLP.
Does your staff team have any ideas for their own events they would like to hold? It could be anything from a charity auction to a dress down day, to an afternoon tea or a sponsored walk. If you’re in need of inspiration please contact us for some suggestions!
Star Throwers holds several fundraising events throughout the year – contact us to see how you could get involved through participating, sponsorship, volunteering, donating goods or services.
Take on a Star Throwers Challenge
We run a dedicated Star Throwers Skydive Day each year, our next day will take place on Saturday 29th June 2019 – join others on the day or choose another day your staff might want to do a charity skydive altogether!
Donate Goods and Services
- We are always looking for donations of good quality goods (which can be collected) to stock our charity shops in Wymondham and Attleborough.
- We would gratefully receive any donation of prizes and goods for the raffles and tombolas that we hold at events throughout the year.
- Could your organisation donate skills or expertise to support the charity? Perhaps you are a marketing company who could support our awareness activities or a carpentry company who could help us maintain our centre? We would love to hear from you if you have any ideas on how you think you could support Star Throwers.
- Dedicate your window display – do you have a retail or customer facing window display you could dedicate to showcasing Star Throwers information for a certain amount of time?
- Your company may run a scheme where staff can donate their time and skills during work time to support the work of Star Throwers. We are always grateful for volunteers to help with fundraising events and one off projects.
Supporter Open Mornings
One of the best ways for your staff and organisation to learn more about Star Throwers is to visit and meet us! Contact us to find out how you can come along to one of our Supporter Open Mornings where you can meet some of the volunteers and staff and have a tour of the centre.