We have been following the amazing fundraising challenge Nick Green has set himself for Star Throwers. Nick’s Norfolk trail sees him travel the East Anglian paths over this year (one a month), which will total 519 miles over 24 days!
- By March 2022, Nick had already completed four of these walks
- In April he covered 84 miles of the Norfolk Coastal path over 3 days!
- On the weekend of the 21 and 22 May, Nick completed his fifth Norfolk trail of the year by walking the 50 miles of the Fen Rivers Way, between Kings Lynn and Cambridge train stations.
- In June, Nick conquered Paston Way (Cromer to North Walsham). This 22-mile trail passes through the Poppyland of north east Norfolk, taking in medieval churches, pretty villages, rolling farmland, disused railways and beach walks.
On 23 and 24 July, Nick and his wife Linda, together walked the Nar Valley Way, from Kings Lynn to Gressenhall -33 miles.
- In August, Nick accomplished 96 miles in 3 days by walking Angles Way from Thetford to Great Yarmouth. This was Nick’s toughest yet. After completing a few endurance events in his life including running a few marathons, it was possibly one of, or maybe the hardest endurance event he’d ever done! Linda joined Nick for the last part of this walk, to help support him on his biggest challenge yet.
- The next walk in September, the Weavers way, is a winding inland route from Great Yarmouth to Cromer over 61 miles, spreading it over 3 days.. Then just two more left. Peddars Way in November then Nick will finish with the new Ketts Country Walk which is from Eaton to Wymondham early in December.
The Star Throwers team would like to say a HUGE thank you and well done to both Nick and Linda for their incredible efforts. We look forward to following their remaining walking trails. To donate to Nick’s JustGiving page, please click on the link: