Welcome to Star Throwers - Caring for people affected by Cancer
Star Throwers is a cancer support charity dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer. Founded by an experienced cancer doctor our team of passionate volunteers and professional staff give advice, support, counselling and complementary therapies to those in need, when they need it most.
Our health professionals offer FREE ADVICE on treatment options and management. They provide counselling and emotional support in a relaxed and positive environment.
At Star Throwers we also host a wide range of complementary therapies, designed to produce a positive sense of wellbeing. If you would like to visit us or you know of someone affected by cancer who would benefit from our services, please do not hesitate to call us on 01953 423 304 or contact us.
How Star Throwers helps people living with cancer...
- Star Throwers makes information available on the understanding and treatment of cancer and the choices of both conventional and complementary therapies.
- We provide support by doctors and nurses who understand cancer problems and give time to explain why specific symptoms occur and their management.
- We provide a place where people with cancer can receive all types of complementary therapies which will produce a sense of well being.
- We provide a place where cancer patients can feel relaxed in a positive friendly atmosphere and share their experiences with people who are in a similar position to themselves.
- We provide help to other members of the families of people experiencing cancer who also suffer serious emotional and physical stress looking after their loved ones.
- We educate school children on the prevention of cancer in general and teach self examination for the early signs of testicular cancer in boys and breast cancer in girls.
- We raise funds for the development and research of new cancer treatments that concentrate on substances that are less toxic than conventional chemotherapy and already have shown evidence of an anti-cancer effect.
- Star Throwers runs a Cancer Care Centre at:
30 Melton Road, Wymondham, Norfolk NR18 0DB
We are open from Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm to anyone who feels they or their
loved ones will benefit (please call first on 01953 423304).
View the Star Throwers Video
If you are keen to help us fund raise and have ideas of your own, please contact us.