Star Throwers does not receive any statutory funding. Our work is only possible thanks to the geneorsity ofk kind individuals and companies donating or fundraising for our cause. All money donated goes towards providing our advice, support and care services to cancer patients and their families. We are truly grateful for any support received, both monetary or otherwise, as we quite simply could not operate without it.
If you feel that you would like to donate some money to help us with the work that you are doing, you can do this through the following ways:
- Sending a Cheque made out to 'Star Throwers' to:
Star Throwers, 30 Melton Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0DB
Please include a cover letter with your contact details and a brief reason for your donation as we would love to write back to you.
- Donate online via Paypal
- Become a Regular Supporter by setting up a Standing Order.
Download our Standing Order Form here
However little or large your donation, you can make your donation as an individual worth 25% more simply by completing a Gift Aid Declaration. By making a Gift Aid declaration HMRC will give an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.
For more information about Gift Aid, click here
Fundraising is one of the best ways to raise funds for Star Throwers. Not only is it fun and often challenging but you also can get the family and friends involved and at the same time raise awareness of Star Throwers work.
If you are organising a fundraising event or want to get involved in helping a Star Throwers fundraising event, whether it's a coffee morning or a sponsored run, we'd love to hear from you. You can also find us on the online fundraising website virginmoneygiving.com and justgiving.com, using those websites the donations are paid directly to Star Throwers and gift aid is automatically claimed on our behalf.
For a list of upcoming Star Throwers events, please visit our News and Events page
Shop and Give
The following businesses have pledged to donate a certain percentage of their sales to Star Throwers. You can support Star Throwers through buying or using their services.
Please note that by listing these businesses, Star Throwers does not necessarily endorse their products or services.
- Chariti.org.uk - local business supporting local charities From £20+VAT per year, businesses can market themselves on chariti.org's online directory. For every business subscription that nominates Star Throwers as their charity, we will donate £10 to Star Throwers.
- The Old Horse Yard Norfolk is a small family run business operating from Abergavenny Barn near Watton in Norfolk. We stock various interesting and unique items for your home, with a bias towards fair trade or products from recycled materials. A donation from each sale will be made to Star Throwers if you mention 'Star Throwers' at the time of the sale.
- Give As You Live - shop online and raise money for Star Throwers at the same time!
We simply could not operate without the help of our kind and generous volunteers. Roles vary from meet and greeters, to charity shop helpers, to gardeners, to drivers, to fundraisers and more.
If you would like to donate your time, expertise, or skills to Star Throwers - we'd love to hear from you. Please call the centre on 01953 423304 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org