Help or donate
Star Throwers receives help and donations from many different individuals and companies - we are truly grateful for this and we quite simply could not operate without it.
Some examples of the wonderful things that people do to help and raise money for Star Throwers are:
- Run a coffee morning
- Sponsored cycle or motorbike ride
- Sponsored walk or parachute jump
- Selling Star Throwers necklaces, badges, shopping bags etc
- Bingo nights
- Donate their time to help care for Star Thrower visitors or the tradesmen and women who help make the centre so warm and inviting
If you would like to help Star Throwers by giving some time, services or equipment, which you feel would benefit us - we'd love to hear from you. Please call the centre on 01953 423304 or email us on email@example.com Thank you.
If you feel that you would like to donate some money to help us with the work that you are doing, you can do this in two ways:
1. A cheque, made out to 'Star Throwers'.
This can be dropped-off or posted to the centre:
30 Melton Road
2. Donate using PayPal Secure Payments
Simple click the logo below and you will be directed to our secure payments page.
What is PayPal?
- PayPal enables individuals and businesses to send and receive electronic money online. It also provides other financial and non-financial services closely related to online payments.
- You can use PayPal to make single or “one-off” payments or you can open an account with them, which will allow you to make regular payments.
However little or large your donation, it is very gratefully received and by simply filling-in our short Gift Aid form, your donation will be worth even more to us as we can then claim some additional money from HMRC.
How Gift Aid works
The Gift Aid scheme is for gifts of money by individuals who pay UK tax. Gift Aid donations are regarded as having basic rate tax deducted by the donor. Charities like Star Throwers take your donation - which is money you've already paid tax on - and reclaim the basic rate tax from HMRC, on its 'gross' equivalent - the amount before basic rate tax was deducted.
As basic rate tax is 20 per cent, this means that if you give £10 using Gift Aid, it’s actually worth £12.50 to the Star Throwers. For donations between 6 April 2008 and 5 April 2011 the Star Throwers will also get a separate government supplement of three pence on every pound you give.